Jackson Submits Plea Offer To Prosecutor
Attorneys for William “Brad” Jackson have submitted a plea to Spokane County prosecutors which, if agreed to, would keep their client from going to trial Sept. 5 on charges he killed his daughter.
Public defender Jim Kane would not publicly disclose the specifics of the proposal he submitted last week, but said he was hopeful prosecutors would find favor with it.
“At this particular time, we don’t want to jeopardize any potential agreement,” Kane said.
The proposal was turned in before a Superior Court judge allowed sheriff’s investigators to interview the girl’s former counselor. Detectives, hoping the counselor will help provide a motive in the death of the 9-year-old, succeeded in having the counselor-client privilege waived.
Jackson, 33, is accused of suffocating Valiree Jackson on Oct. 18, then reporting her missing from the front yard of the home he shared with his parents in the Spokane Valley. Jackson was arrested a month after her disappearance.
Jackson pleaded innocent in December to first-degree murder and second-degree unlawful possession of a firearm. He is being held in lieu of $1 million bond.