Mick Palanuk of Grand Coulee offered this recipe for success after hearing other anglers vent their frustration in foiled quests to harvest trout.
1. Put a handful of miniature marshmallows on a sheet of plastic wrap.
2. Separate marshmallows – no touchers.
3. Sprinkle granulated or powdered garlic under and over marshmallows and let them set out overnight.
4. In morning, turn marshmallows over and let them set for rest of the day.
5. When fairly dry, put them in a plastic bag for next fishing trip.
6. Bait hook with worm first followed by marshmallow at end of hook covering barb. This order seems to keep marshmallow from getting soft and falling off.
7. Catch trout for dinner.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.