Big Ben is back on the injury list.
Making his second start since returning from a knee injury, Roethlisberger injured his left foot midway through the fourth quarter of a 38-35 win against Oakland on Sunday. He was taken to the locker room on a cart and the Steelers announced Roethlisberger eventually left Heinz Field to undergo further evaluation.
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Roethlisberger needs an MRI and didn’t have any further update.
Roethlisberger missed four games after he sprained his left knee in Week 3. He was hurt on a sack by Oakland’s Aldon Smith and stayed on the ground for several minutes. Roethlisberger hopped off the field, putting all of his weight on his right leg and was helped to the sideline by teammates. He needed a cart to get to the locker room.
Backup Landry Jones led the Steelers on a game-winning drive and Chris Boswell hit an 18-yard field goal with 2 seconds left.
The Vikings also lost their quarterback in a win. Teddy Bridgewater sustained a concussion in Minnesota’s 21-18 overtime victory over St. Louis.
Bridgewater was injured when he was hit hard by Lamarcus Joyner as he slid at the end of a scramble. Joyner dove at Bridgewater and was penalized for the hit. Vikings coach Mike Zimmer was livid on the sideline. Bridgewater walked off the field gingerly and was able to jog to the locker room for evaluation. Shaun Hill replaced him.
Zimmer said he didn’t know how serious the head injury was or if it would keep Bridgewater out next week at Oakland.
A pair of star running backs got hurt in Sunday’s early games.
Oakland’s Latavius Murray left with a concussion in the third quarter at Pittsburgh. Murray was injured on a big hit from Steelers safety Mike Mitchell, lost the ball and linebacker Jarvis Jones recovered the fumble.
Murray, who had 17 carries for 96 yards, laid on the turf for several minutes before being helped off the field. He leads Oakland with 630 yards rushing.
Bills running back LeSean McCoy injured his right shoulder in a 33-17 win over Miami. McCoy had 112 yards rushing, including a 48-yard TD, before he got hurt.
The Jets beat the Jaguars 28-23 without a kicker. Nick Folk strained his right quadriceps during pregame warmups and was replaced on kickoffs and field goals by punter Ryan Quigley, who made all four of his extra-point attempts.
Folk will have an MRI on Monday, but the Jets might need to look for another kicker because they play Thursday night against Buffalo.
In other injury news:
– Patriots RB Dion Lewis left in the third quarter with a knee injury.
– Jets C Eric Mangold aggravated a neck injury, CB Antonio Cromartie left with a left thigh injury, and S Dion Bailey has an ankle injury.
– Jaguars DT Michael Bennett left with a strained hamstring.
– Packers CB Casey Hawyard left with concussion symptoms.
– Titans CB Perrish Cox aggravated a hamstring injury.
– Giants DT Jonathan Hankins suffered a torn pectoral muscle.
– Buccaneers S Bradley McDougald left with a concussion and G Ali Marpet injured an ankle.
– Broncos LB DeMarcus Ware left with a back injury.
– Dolphins LB Spencer Paysinger injured his shoulder.
– Falcons S Robenson Therezie injured his hamstring.
– Colts S Mike Adams injured an ankle on an interception return.
Subscribe to the sports newsletter
Get the day’s top sports headlines and breaking news delivered to your inbox by subscribing here.