Master Chef Steve Geving has released his Selectable Delectables schedule for 2014.
The monthly cooking classes cost $25 each and take place at the Blanchard Community Center, 685 Rusho Lane, in Blanchard, Idaho.
Here’s what’s in store for the coming year:
• Jan. 22 – Super Bowl Favorites: North, South, East and West
• Feb. 19 – A Wee Bit of Ireland: Old-School St. Patrick’s Day
• March 19 – Easter Favorites
• April 16 – Glenda’s Delight’s: Most Requested Dishes from the Master Chef’s Sweetie
• May 21 – Selectable Delectables on a Social Security Budget
• June 18 – Backyard Cooking with the Grandkids
• July 16 – Asian Barbecue and Grilling Specialties
• Aug. 20 – Special Requests from Year-Round Culinary Class Regulars
• Sept. 17 – Cooking for the Stars: Catered Dishes for the Hollywood Elite
• Oct. 15 – N’Awlins Revisited: The Cuisine of Bourbon Street
• Nov. 19 – A European Love Affair: Classique Dishes for the Holidays
• Dec. 17 – Relax, It’s Only Christmas: Easy Entertaining Cookery
Classes run from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Reservations are required. Call (208) 437-0426 for information or to sign up.
Chef David Ross will demonstrate how to make a dish he cooked while competing in “MasterChef USA” on PBS. He was runner-up in the show’s second – and final – season in 2001.
At 2 p.m. Sunday, he’ll make Salt and Pepper Prawns with Candied Walnuts and Chinese Cabbage Slaw.
Participants – there’s room for 16 – will learn how to make deep-fried whole prawns, paired with Napa cabbage slaw tossed with a citrus and soy sauce dressing and candied walnuts.
The presentation-style class costs $45 at The Kitchen Engine, 621 W. Mallon Ave., Suite 16, in the Flour Mill.
For more information or to register, call (509) 328-3335 or visit www.thekitchenengine.com
sponsored According to two 2015 surveys, 62 percent of Americans do not have enough savings to handle an unexpected emergency, much less any long-term plans.