Whether you favor high country or the ocean, familiar landscapes or new experiences, you can see it all across the region’s four states and two Canadian provinces. All you need is a light packing job and a game plan, because two tanks of gas and a day’s drive can transport you farther from home than you think. With spring in full swing and long, freeing days of summer on the horizon, here are some spectacular Northwest destinations you can reach before dinnertime.
- Fee increases proposed at Oregon’s Crater Lake
- Interior backing away from steep fee hikes at national parks
- Changes made to Mount St. Helens permitting process
- Canada’s lesser-known national parks good bet during 150th anniversary
- Remote, rustic Holden Village a summer camp for the whole family
- Family travel five: Historic national park gems