LOS ANGELES – Donald Trump’s election stunned many, including celebrities who overwhelmingly supported Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Here’s how some of them reacted on Twitter to his victory:
– “Canada has just started building a wall.” – comedian Ricky Gervais.
– “Great faith in God works. Mr @realDonaldTrump I’m proud to call you President of the United States of America. And First Lady @melaniatrump.” – actor Scott Baio.
– “Just was watching the news… maybe they’ll ask me to sing ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ at the inauguration, ha!” – rocker Mick Jagger.
– “Anyone else wanna puke?” – actress Kristen Bell.
– “When they go low, we go high. We regroup. We listen. We double down. We bet on us. Good night.” – actress Emmy Rossum.
– “We are staring into the face of our darkest self America. Why does it have to have a dyed combover??” – actress Connie Britton.
– “I need to wake up early and buy tons of stock in a wall building company! And logs! And metal! And levelers!” – writer-director Judd Apatow.
– I can’t stop crying. I can’t even believe this. Its too clear about the consciousness of our country. I can’t. I’m so afraid of what is about to happen.” – singer-songwriter India.Arie.
– “Now it is time to move forward and hope that our country can come together.” – actor Ben Stiller.
– “Dear God Please let Ruth Bader Ginsburg live to be 120.” – actor-comedian Albert Brooks.
– “I still believe in us. I do. I think if anything this should motivate us. This should wake us up.” – actress Sophia Bush.
– “At least pot’s legal.” – actor-producer Seth MacFarlane, reacting to voters legalizing recreational marijuana use in California, Massachusetts and Nevada.
Subscribe to the Morning Review newsletter
Get the day’s top headlines delivered to your inbox every morning by subscribing to our newsletter.