LOS ANGELES – Donald Trump’s election stunned many, including celebrities who overwhelmingly supported Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Here’s how some of them reacted on Twitter to his victory:
– “Canada has just started building a wall.” – comedian Ricky Gervais.
– “Great faith in God works. Mr @realDonaldTrump I’m proud to call you President of the United States of America. And First Lady @melaniatrump.” – actor Scott Baio.
– “Just was watching the news… maybe they’ll ask me to sing ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ at the inauguration, ha!” – rocker Mick Jagger.
– “Anyone else wanna puke?” – actress Kristen Bell.
– “When they go low, we go high. We regroup. We listen. We double down. We bet on us. Good night.” – actress Emmy Rossum.
– “We are staring into the face of our darkest self America. Why does it have to have a dyed combover??” – actress Connie Britton.
– “I need to wake up early and buy tons of stock in a wall building company! And logs! And metal! And levelers!” – writer-director Judd Apatow.
– I can’t stop crying. I can’t even believe this. Its too clear about the consciousness of our country. I can’t. I’m so afraid of what is about to happen.” – singer-songwriter India.Arie.
– “Now it is time to move forward and hope that our country can come together.” – actor Ben Stiller.
– “Dear God Please let Ruth Bader Ginsburg live to be 120.” – actor-comedian Albert Brooks.
– “I still believe in us. I do. I think if anything this should motivate us. This should wake us up.” – actress Sophia Bush.
– “At least pot’s legal.” – actor-producer Seth MacFarlane, reacting to voters legalizing recreational marijuana use in California, Massachusetts and Nevada.
Local journalism is essential.
Give directly to The Spokesman-Review's Northwest Passages community forums series -- which helps to offset the costs of several reporter and editor positions at the newspaper -- by using the easy options below. Gifts processed in this system are not tax deductible, but are predominately used to help meet the local financial requirements needed to receive national matching-grant funds.
Subscribe to the Coronavirus newsletter
Get the day’s latest Coronavirus news delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter.