Here's a great way that Spokane residents can reduce their heating and cooling expenses.
SustainableWorks’ new Save Energy Today program can help you save energy, lower your utility bills, increase your home’s comfort and value, and reduce your carbon footprint. The one day energy-saving program combines an assessment of your home’s energy usage with immediate improvements to your home’s energy efficiency such as duct sealing, air sealing and installation of energy saving light bulbs. The Save Energy Today program is a $95 cost to the homeowner ($1200 value).
Here’s how it works:
1. Sign-up for Save Energy Today online by visiting www.sustainableworks.com, and clicking “Sign-up,” or by calling (509) 443-3471. Once you have signed up, we will contact you to schedule your Save Energy Today assessment, which takes about 4 to 6 hours.
2. A SustainableWorks Home Energy Specialist will come to your home to assess how your home is using energy. This includes looking at your attic, crawlspace, and wall insulation (using an Infrared Device), measuring air leaks, looking at your appliances and heating system, looking at your windows, doors, and other structural components, doing a health and safety check (for gas leaks, mold issues, and other safety issues), and talking with you about do-it-yourself energy saving tips.
3. During the assessment, a Weatherization technician will make immediate energy saving improvements. Depending on your home’s needs, this may include: air sealing leakages, sealing your ducts and pipes, programming thermostats, replacing light bulbs with compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs, wrapping your hot water heater, providing low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators, and other improvements.
4. The Home Energy Specialist will provide you with a rating for your home and recommendations on energy efficiency improvements.
5. If you decide you would like to do more improvements after the Save Energy Today program, SustainableWorks can work with you to identify next steps, provide you with up to $3,500 in incentives to lower the cost of your project, manage the improvements from start-to-finish, and connect you to low-interest financing.
The cost of the Save Energy Today program is $95 for Spokane County residents. There are no income requirements to participate in the program. It is available to both homeowners and renters of single-family homes. The program is made possible through funding by the Washington State Legislature. Sign-up for Save Energy Today and get a more cozy home this winter.
To learn more about SustainableWorks, visit www.sustainableworks.com or visit them on Facebook.