u 2019 Washington Primary Election, Aug. 6
The surprise snowstorm that hit the region Wednesday may be just the beginning of a worrisome stretch for what was shaping up to be the second-largest apple harvest in Washington history. The cold weather could also cause issues for homeowners and gardeners.
Washington state’s effort to force a privately run immigration jail to pay its detainees minimum wage for work they perform can continue, after all
Despite the overwhelming opposition from the crowd, the Washington State Board of Health decided to enact the 120-day ban, to chants of “shame.” More than 350 people, mostly opponents of the ban, packed the ballroom at the SeaTac Marriott for the meeting, and about 60 people testified during the public comment session. As the ban’s opponents settled in for the vote after a lunch break, the ballroom filled with a sweet, sticky smell of vapor smoke.
Health officials in Washington state have formally adopted a temporary ban of the sale of flavored vaping products amid concern over a lung illness that has sickened hundreds of people.
A Washington state Native corporation has won a $99 million government contract for U.S. Navy projects, with much of the work expected to be done in Puget Sound.
The wife of Benton County Sheriff Jerry Hatcher has filed for divorce and accused him of strangling her during a fight over his alleged extramarital affair.
The needs of Spokane’s communities of color took center stage Saturday at the East Central Community Center, where candidates for Spokane City Council and City Council president gathered for a candidate forum hosted by the Spokane Coalition of Color.
“I’m hopeful that it maintains the adequate protections for the habatat in the Selkirks so one of these days, when there is an appetite for restoration, our area is considered,” said Bart George, a wildlife biologist for the Kalispel Tribe.
A Thurston County Superior Court judge has ordered a for-profit signature-gathering firm and its principal to collectively pay more than $1 million for deceiving Washington state residents by funneling their campaign donations to activist Tim Eyman for Eyman’s personal use.
An estimated 99 million Americans do not have any form of Real ID compliant documents which will be required to fly domestically after Oct. 1, 2020. “There’s a great deal of misunderstanding and potential confusion out there with regard to whether or not someone has a Real ID compliant driver’s license or a number of the other Real ID compliant documents that they could use for air travel,” said Larry Krauter, CEO of Spokane International Airport.
- Spokane mayor
- Spokane City Council president
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Fairfield Town Council
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Nine Mile Falls School Board
- Spokane Valley Fire Department Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Measure 1
- Spokane County Library District Proposition 1
- Medical Lake Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 2
- Spokane County Fire District 5 Measure 1
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.