u 2019 Washington Primary Election, Aug. 6
Breean Beggs and Cindy Wendle earned the most votes for Spokane City Council president in early returns posted Tuesday night.
Political newcomer Nadine Woodward bested Spokane City Council President Ben Stuckart in the primary race for Spokane’s mayor Tuesday night, with both vowing a tough general election campaign ahead.
Live updates from the August 6, 2019 primary election in Spokane County, with the latest headlines and updates from major races and ballot measures brought to you by Spokesman-Review and KHQ reporters and photographers.
Ben Stuckart and Nadine Woodward have raised – and spent – nearly the same amount of money in their campaigns for mayor. Both describe their base of support as diverse, but criticize the source of the other’s funding as representing outside interests.
Coming out on top is good news for candidates in Tuesday’s election, but it’s not a guarantee they will finish first in November.
It’s still possible to register to vote in Tuesday’s primary, but you’ll have to make a special trip.
Spokane Valley Council race gets ugly, with name-calling, accusations of harassment, inaccurate claims
Two candidates running for a council seat in Spokane Valley have accused each other of bullying, with one candidate calling the other a socialist and a “little girl” and the other accusing him of harassment.
National pundits seemed to think they had a news flash about Jay Inslee.
Spokane County Fire District 3 commissioner candidates take different positions on tax increase and serving Medical Lake
A longtime Fire District 3 commissioner says she brings valuable experience at a time of big change while her opponent hopes to bring a new perspective.
The city council is expected to vote on a resolution that would ask the city to study the feasibility of returning a police precinct to the heart of downtown.
- Spokane mayor
- Spokane City Council president
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Fairfield Town Council
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Nine Mile Falls School Board
- Spokane Valley Fire Department Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1