u 2019 Washington Primary Election, Aug. 6
Officials say barges carrying wheat, wood and other goods will remain at a standstill for the rest of the month while workers repair a critical navigation lock at the Bonneville Dam on the Columbia River.
One of two ways that Pacific Northwest farmers get their wheat to export in Portland has been shut down after the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers stopped barge traffic on the Columbia River around the Bonneville Dam after a crack was found on a critical part of one of its massive locks.
Former Boeing official subpoenaed in 737 Max probe won’t turn over documents, citing Fifth Amendment protection
A former Boeing official who played a key role in the development of the 737 Max has refused to provide documents sought by federal prosecutors investigating two fatal crashes of the jetliner, citing his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Volunteers pitched the idea of dividing Washington politically along the Cascades among booths selling hot tubs, handmade crafts and wood stoves Friday afternoon, the first day of the Spokane Interstate Fair.
A 19-year-old man remains locked up on $500,000 bail one week after he allegedly went on a two-day violent crime spree in Kennewick.
A Pasco man is in jail after two people were shot early Monday morning in his house.
A federal government study has analyzed options for treating waste at a decommissioned nuclear site in Washington state. The Tri-City Herald reported that the National Academies of Sciences issued the draft analysis concerning ways to treat radioactive material at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation near Richland. The report says vitrifying or glassifying the waste would be more expensive than other options including expanding the plant or finding supplemental treatments to provide additional capacity.
Authorities in Oregon are searching for a Vancouver, Wash., woman who went missing while floating with friends on the Willamette River.
A man in Franklin County is the first person in Washington state to be diagnosed with West Nile virus this year.
Hanford workers are expected to begin pumping radioactive waste from a leak-prone underground tank at Hanford for the first time in nearly two years.
- Spokane mayor
- Spokane City Council president
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Fairfield Town Council
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Nine Mile Falls School Board
- Spokane Valley Fire Department Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Measure 1
- Spokane County Library District Proposition 1
- Medical Lake Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3 Proposition 2
- Spokane County Fire District 5 Measure 1
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.