u 2019 Washington Primary Election, Aug. 6
Shawn Vestal: The ‘Not Nadines’ have a point about lack of coverage of their Spokane mayoral campaigns
When Nadine Woodward announced she was running for mayor, local media covered it as a capital-B capital-D Big Deal. When most other candidates announced, not so much.
Spokane City Councilman Mike Fagan is running for the council’s highest position.
Longtime initiative sponsor Tim Eyman lost an attempt to keep the state from banning him from the financial aspects of future campaigns if they prove he violated campaign finance law.
The popular Spokane newsman parlayed a 13-year stint at the local ABC affiliate into a successful bid for Spokane mayor, where he oversaw city operations moving into the old Montgomery Ward building and pushed for an amusement center in Riverfront Park.
Nadine Woodward, the recently retired Spokane news anchor, is running for Spokane mayor.
City Council President Ben Stuckart declared from the dais last week that neither Seattle nor Spokane is dying, but the divisive KOMO-TV report has prompted a wide-ranging discussion on the issue on the east side of the Cascades.
Stuckart accuses clean air agency regulatory overreach, cites Otis Hotel asbestos fines and construction delays
The local clean air agency “overreaches” with its regulatory authority and hampers economic development in an effort to “justify their existence,” said Spokane City Council President Ben Stuckart.
Just a week after retiring from KXLY, longtime anchor Nadine Woodward said she may run for Spokane mayor.
The Spokane City Council wants you to support tax to maintain 30 firefighters and hire 20 new police officers. The mayor doesn’t.
Spokane voters will decide on a $5.8 million a year levy to pay for fire department and police staffing, a tax that six of the seven members of the City Council support, but Spokane’s mayor opposes.
Kevin Parker, Michael Baumgartner say they won’t run for Spokane mayor; KXLY anchor Nadine Woodward says she has ‘no immediate plans’
As the race for Spokane mayor draws closer, local leaders say the pool of candidates will likely narrow and stronger candidates will come forward later in the election season. Two prominent local Republicans announced they wouldn’t be running for mayor in a social media post last week and a long-time local TV anchor said she didn’t have immediate plans to run for office.
- Spokane mayor
- Spokane City Council president
- Spokane City Council, northeast district
- Spokane City Council, northwest district
- Spokane City Council, south district
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 2
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 3
- Spokane Valley City Council, position 6
- Airway Heights City Council, position 7
- Liberty Lake City Council, position 7
- Fairfield Town Council
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 1
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 2
- Spokane Public Schools Board, position 4
- Nine Mile Falls School Board
- Spokane Valley Fire Department Commission, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 3, position 1
- Spokane County Fire District 10 Commission, position 1
Choose an election for the latest information on races and measures, headlines and voting results.